Search This Blog

Amazon Store

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 31, 2014

Candyland Series Part 2 - Plumpy Caretaker of the Gingerbread Plum Trees



Plumpy sits in the beginning of the game taking care of the Gingerbread Plum Trees. To make the tree you can use cardboard, brown craft paper or just use a poster and do a drawing. For food since it was Purim, I made Plum Hamantaschen. I really wanted to do Gingerbread (Spice) Plum Hamantaschen but I couldn't find spice cake mix in my local grocery. I could have also done plums, but the issue would be keeping them fresh since fridge space was at a minimum. Plums being a soft fruit also have a tendency to get mushy or be smashed by other items if not carefully placed. Since we didn't have any people to dress up like Plumpy we just used a poster board and I freehanded it.

For a party you many want to play games such as throwing plum looking bean bags onto a board or through holes that are worth different amount of points. Darts at purple balloons can also work.


If someone wants to or is able to dress up as Plumpy, I would suggest using a Green morph suit with padding, jumbo googly eyes with fuzzy eyebrows, use green foam or felt for the whiskers and mouth, as well as foam for the pendant. If you have any questions leave me a comment.

Ideas for the eyes:












See other posts in the Candyland Series-More Links Coming Soon

  1. Candyland Kids & Gingerbread Men at the Beginning of the board
  2. Plumpy under the Gingerbread Plum Tree
  3. Mr. Mint in the Peppermint Forest
  4. Jolly near the Gumdrop Mountains
  5. Gramma Nut near her cottage
  6. Princess Lolly in the lollipop woods
  7. Queen Frostine in the Ice Cream Sea
  8. Gloppy in the Molasses/Chocolate Swamp depending on version
  9. King Kandy
  10. Board Set-Up-Tiles, Signposts, Cards/Spinner, Music & Movie
  11. Favor Box Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all comments. I read each and every one. So please leave me some positive comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...